Performance & Engineering
The Volvo Penta IPS provides more fun, more power, more confidence at the helm and fewer trips to the fuel dock.Learn More
Design & Accommodations
Luxurious, handcrafted interiors designed to accommodate and provide the best possible experience below deck.Learn More
Schedule a Test Drive!
There's nothing like getting a Legacy out on the water. Go ahead and schedule your test sail today!Learn More
Despite her beauty at anchor, the Legacy is made to perform. With a deep v and wide chine flats, the Legacy is able to plane at comfortable cruising speeds. A ride aboard a Legacy is smoother, quieter, and more stable – and the Legacy is able to do all of this with an energy savings.
For complete specifications on the Legacy 42 , please download this PDF.
- Hull and deck are infused vinylester construction with all thru hull spaces designed to isolate core materials from water penetration. Hull and deck are cored with Corecell™. Gelcoat is an ISO-NPG type.
- High density foam cored fiberglass longitudinal and transverse framing grid
- (3) Reinforced structural bulkheads bonded to hull (forepeak, main cabin, engine compartment and lazzarette)
- White gelcoat finished bilges
- Teak lower rubbing strake
- Limber holes are installed throughout the stringer system to allow for drainage of all compartments with the exception of the engine sumps. These areas are sealed to isolate the machinery fluids from the bilge system.
Length Overall (incl. swim platform, Anchor Roller)
Hull Length (molded)
- 38' 5"
- 13’ 7”
- 18 Degrees
- 25 Degrees
- 420 US Gal
- 110 US Gal
- 35 US Gal
- 29,000 lbs