Legacy 36 | Performance &Engineering
High Performance with Shocking Fuel Savings
The hull design uses a modified deep V hull with wide chine flats and centerline flats extending aft to produce a sea kindly hull that gets up on plane at low speeds. This combination has proven its ability to deliver a yacht with great performance and handling characteristics along with excellent fuel efficiency.
- The underwater configuration includes a running keel/skeg combination that offers superior tracking and great protection for the prop and the skeg hung rudder.
- Forward, the V’d entry allows the 36 to handle the toughest conditions, while keeping the ride dry and stable.
- An inspection of the Legacy 36 engine layout, drive line and shipboard systems reveals a well thought out plan with particular attention given to ease of access, functionality and serviceability.
- The standard Cummins QSB 6.7 480 HP electronically controlled engine is a marvel of modern diesel technology. Clean running and efficient the installation in the Legacy 36 features an oversized prop shaft coupled to a precise 5-axis machined, 4 blade propeller for maximum performance.
- The engine room is also the hub for all electrical and plumbing system installations. Top of the line components, all tinned copper wiring with heat shrink terminal connections, and details like low maintenance semi rigid plumbing highlight the attention given to provide convenience and trouble free on board systems.